Hanoi, in its dwellers’ eyes and the outsiders’, is a well-established and culturally rich city that standing the test of time. Still, laying under, smouldering embers of modern, dynamic complexes, or mere hangabouts for the local and the visitors to mingle, are co-existing with such historical base. It would be such a waste to not recommend you some of places that can be the best of both worlds.
Hanoi Rock City (HRC)
Hanoian generally has a good taste in music, where they share a greater part for rock. Established in2010, HRC, originally a music hall for showcases and gigs, is now becoming an ecosystem for music events, exhibitions, fashion and lifestyle. If you want to know how much Hanoian loves rock, HRC is noteworthy on your check-list. HRC events held are weekly and encore is rare in this place, so do not miss it for the world, if lucky, you may find your new favorite bands
- Location: 27/52 To Ngoc Van street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 16h00 – 2h00
Old bookstores are one of Hanoi trademarks. One can find themselves wandering around shelves full of dusty and stained books in Lang Street. Looking for foreign books, however, Bookworm may offer you more. Bookworm used to be a small bookstore lays quietly in Chau Long, Ba Dinh District, it is now a book cafe where visitors can make the most out of their reading experience. Bookworm mostly offers English books with varying genres, from children to psychology or law, either used or new.
- Location: No. 44, Pham Hong Thai street, Truc Bach Ward, Ba Dinh District
- Opening hours: 9h00 – 19h00
Ngau Thu caligraphy class by Nguyen Thanh Tung
With only $140, you can enjoy the beauty of Vietnamese with Nguyen Thanh Tung, goes by the alias of Ngau Thu, means “random words”. Calligraphy is what Hanoian and Vietnamese most proud of, in terms of history and culture. Joining a calligraphy class would not be a bad idea if you are interested in Vietnamese characters. Apart from online and direct class, Ngau Thu also prepares art gallery for calligraphich demonstration.
- Location: Apt.404, D6 Community, Lane 215, To Hieu, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
- Website: Ngau Thu Calligraphic gallery (Vietnamese)
- Tel. 0976 358 357
Ho Tay SUP
Stand Up Paddle (SUP) is a newly emerging outdoor sport in Hanoi. Each SUP session will be under the surveillance and instructions of Vietnam rowing club, despite being equipped with new and finishing equipment and gauget. Being on the SUP, you can seize every scence of Ho Tay with your eyes.
- Location: No. 45, Ve Ho street, Tay Ho District
- Ticket: VND 200.000 ($8.6)/session (no limited duration)
- Opening hours: 6h00. – 8h00. and 17h00 – 18h00
If outdoor activities like SUP are not your style, indoor extreme sport can be. Jump Arena is home of indoor rock climbing, and trampoline, one of the hottest in Hanoi.
- No. 1A Tang Bat Ho, Pham Dinh Ho, Hai Ba Trung
- 3rd Floor, Big C No. 222 Tran Duy Hung, Trung Hoa, Cau Giay
- Weekdays: VND 110.000 (1 hour) – VND 180.000 (no limited)
- Weekend: VND 160.000 (1 hour) – VND 240.000 (no limited)
- Opening hours:
- 8h00 – 22h00 (Weekdays)
- 8h00 – 22h30 (Weekend)
If you are tired of Hanoi’s hectic and ever-moving lifestyle, you can consider the above activies to loosen up while learn more about Hanoi. Don’t hesitate to contact us, we could be your company during your stay.